“D”-vine Orange Chipotle Cod
Orange Chipotle Sauce
- Chipotle in Adobo: 1 chipotle pepper, de-seeded and chopped plus 1 Tablespoon sauce
- 1 cup vitamin D fortified orange juice
- 1/4 cup vitamin D fortified plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups vitamin D rich (25% DV) bran flakes cereal
- 4 6-ounce Atlantic Cod filets
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Begin sauce. Pour 1 cup orange juice, chipotle pepper, and chipotle sauce into small saucepan and heat until mixture just begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking until mixture thickens, approximately 35 minutes. Set aside when done.
- In a shallow bowl, crack eggs and stir to combine yolk and white. Pour bran cereal into another shallow bowl and use
- measuring cup or the back of a spoon to crush the cereal into small pieces.
- Rinse fish filets, draw through the egg and then press gently into the cereal to coat the fish with cereal. Place fish on foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with each filet. Sprinkle any remaining cereal on top of fish.
- Bake fish in oven for 20 minutes or until done and flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- When orange-chipotle sauce has cooled, combine the sauce with the yogurt and stir to combine.
- To serve, top each fish filet with 1/4 cup of sauce.
Makes: 4 servings
Nutrition Information per serving (1 fish filet topped with 1/4 cup sauce): 315 calories, 5 grams fat (1 gram saturated fat, 0 trans fat), 174 milligrams cholesterol, 375 milligrams sodium, 26 grams carbohydrate (3 grams fiber), 37 grams protein, and 32% DV of vitamin D.
Served with brown rice mixed with chopped mushrooms and spinach.
To find out more about Alexia and other great recipes, visit www.alexialewisrd.com