Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancakes
Kodiak Cakes Power Protein Pancakes Recipe
If you’re an athlete and regularly crave carbohydrates, you have to check this recipe out!
This recipe is EXTREMELY easy and supplies a perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat to start the day on the right foot.
Athletes require an abundant supply of carbohydrates to perform optimally and stay fueled for strenuous workouts or long runs. To meet this need, try Kodiak Cakes Power Pancake/Waffle Mix! It can be a staple in your kitchen, plus it has a long shelf life for any time you need an emergency meal.
These instant and boxed pancakes are different than any other brand I’ve come across… plus they are available in BULK at Costco! Kodiak Cakes are made with 100% whole wheat flour, oat flour, non-fat sweet buttermilk, dried honey, leavening, egg whites, and salt.
Check out my dietitian-approved recipe below for one of my favorite breakfast options! 🙂
● 1⁄2 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mix
● 1⁄2 banana
● Handful (~1⁄4 cup) frozen berries
● 1 tbsp peanut butter
- In a bowl, mix 1⁄2 cup Kodiak Cakes Mix with 1⁄2 cup water. If you want thicker pancakes, add less water. If you want thinner pancakes, add more water.
- On a hot griddle, spray non-stick spray, then pour 2 small pancakes.
- Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes on each side, or until each side is golden brown.
- Once fully cooked, remove pancakes.
- Spread peanut butter on pancakes, then top with sliced banana and handful of berries.
Enjoy! Or save for later 🙂
● Calories: 348 calories
● Carbohydrates: 50 grams
● Protein: 19 grams
● Fat: 10 grams