Prepping For Breakfast
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Breakfast Muffins with Quinoa
- 1 cup tri-colored quinoa
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped, with woody stems removed
- 8 oz plain goat cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Once you reach a boil, set your timer to 15 minutes. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook for 15 minutes. When the buzzer sounds, lift the lid, use a fork or spoon and pull back the quinoa until you see the bottom of the pan. There should be no water remaining in the pot. If there is, cook a few more minutes until all water is evaporated. Remove from heat, and let the quinoa cool.
- In a mixing bowl, crack and beat eggs. Add salt, pepper, and chopped tarragon. Using your hands, crumble the goat cheese into small pieces and add to the beaten egg mixture.
- Saute onion, olive oil, and salt for 5 minutes. Add cut asparagus and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let slightly cool.
- Add the cooked veggies and quinoa to the egg mixture. Be sure to stir well, until the goat cheese is melted and mixture is creamy.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Spoon the mixture into your muffin tin. It’s ok to fill to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 or until tops are browned. Makes approximately 18 muffins.
Freeze leftovers for future breakfast on the go!